Ultimate Subaru Message Board

probably just corroded wires - that is what happened with mine. if there is any rust in/near the wheel well area near the antenna, moisture gets up in there and causes corrosion. fix the corroded wires (and make sure the fuse is good) and it should work just fine.

just trying to "pull" it up wont work very well, you could actually break the internal wiring rendering it completely useless, it needs to be powered to the up position, then yes, you could feasibly unplug it so it remains up.

how to get to it - going to need to pull the interior trim off/out to access - going to guess this is in the trunk area on your car? I have a wagon so a bit different.

tools - something to gently pry out the little clips that hold the interior pieces in place, and whatever tools you might need to fix the wires - wire cutters, new insulated crimp on ends, the crimping tool, electrical tape or heat shrink (my preference), possibly a couple lengths of appropriate size wire for extending the length - there isnt a lot of extra back there, so depending on how bad the corrosion is, you may need to add in a little.

fixing the corroded wires is not necessarily a "hard" job to do, but it could be a pain in the backside working in the trunk area, access wise...

Edited by heartless