Ultimate Subaru Message Board

camper clamping gen2 brat

Still a bit if a project but how is this top supposed to

interface with the brat? Previous owner had drilled.. not on my menu.

picsay-1336657271.jpg

Pics of your setup etc appreciated. The boards inside are cut and drilled to provide some stability whilst I fool without so those are the lower mounting areas..

Edited by kayoteq
less big picture

what do the rails look like on the inside? all the different Gen2 shells' I've had, all used J hooks to grab the loops on the inside of the bed. there is usually a hole through the inside edge of the rail that sits on the bed trim. and for added strength, either flat steel/aluminum bar bent to shape of bed that lays on top of the rail and has the same bolt holes to go through...

picsay-1336757753.jpg

Tabs stocking in.. here I've put planks in place just for stability.

friend did reinforce the window area of the top with plate.. and I found some

Plating that bolts in place where the seat rails should be for future bracketry.

First off need to get new seal and adhesive. What size should i go for exact same as was there but maybe look through the catalogs for a good one..

then windows but that's a different day

So the basis is to use the hook areas of the bed sides. I have a bracket tagged to

Bolt to the seat mounts above the window.. get that integrated..

is it basic macguyver at Lowes or should I be stopping by a camper place for like universal j hooks and other camper clamp in specialties.. which I the proceed to macguyver to make it work. I like having the top but want it to be a secure and quick process of use..

*can you tell its my first truck?