Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A contribution to subaru's toughness

Today i wanted to go to the beach and have some fun. Some of my friends wanted to put down the subaru. So after putting down his kia at a race we went to the beach down the dirt trails. I think i made him s**t his pants as the subaru is a different animal off the road than on it. After i gained their respect i managed to find a hole i wasnt paying attention to and slammed the subaru into it. It stopped but didnt get stuck. Drove right out but the damage was pretty bad. She ran and drove no problem. Didnt damage any vehicle systems. I'm impressed the car hit the hole and the rear wheels came off the ground it stopped so fast but she didnt groan just took off in first and crawled out of the mud hole no problems.

Here's some after pics.

post-42063-136027656226_thumb.jpg

post-42063-136027656231_thumb.jpg

so i'm thinking you mean some "before and after"

pics cause there's a bumper in the first one and...

yeah. they can take a beating.

mine i just ran a month ago on one quart of oil

and got the tb kit changed and it's running amazingly great.

just check it out or get it checked out.

and switch to a better grade of alcohol...

:drunk:

the pics one is b4 i removed the bumper to see the damage. I couldnt upload the pic of the before. It was in much better shape b4. lol I've been driving it with the messed up support but i dont trust the latch since the hood sticks up 1.5" over the fenders. After i fix it i'll still take it off road but i will be avoiding the deep trails. I have to admit my buddy with the kia had a 4 banger S10 that he demolished in that hole about 6 months ago. It totalled his truck, bent the frame. My subaru hit it and crawled out the hole and asked for more.