Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear Seat Belts 99 Impreza OB Sport Questions???

Are seat belts warranted for life?

they were / are in the earlier years , call the dealer.

so they are locked tight and you cannot pull them out more or release them from the buckle?

or they are retracted in tight and will nor extend from the pillar?

there is a child seat feature where once they are fully extended, they will retract and lock, not re-extending until they have retracted completely.

there is a child seat feature where once they are fully extended, they will retract and lock, not re-extending until they have retracted completely.
all 2000+ Legacy/Outbacks are like that for the child seats. you pull the seat belt all the way out and it engages a feature that "locks" the belts for the use of car seats for children. once you allow it to fully retract all the way back it'll work again as normal - it "resets".

seat belt failure is really odd....having two fail seems almost impossible.

since they never fail they are almost worthless.

http://www.car-part.com

if they don't list seat belts much, then look for something else like rear seats and call places for the seat belts.

so they are locked tight and you cannot pull them out more or release them from the buckle?

or they are retracted in tight and will nor extend from the pillar?

Correct, I can not extend them from the pillar. These are no where near pulled out fully, they look like they are all neat and retracted.

Hmmm... maybe they think they haven't been retracted completely... sounds like I might need a few to ponder this... :drunk:

seat belt failure is really odd....having two fail seems almost impossible.

since they never fail they are almost worthless.

http://www.car-part.com

if they don't list seat belts much, then look for something else like rear seats and call places for the seat belts.

Yeah, I have never had one seatbelt fail. I still have ones from my VW Rabbit GTI that work like a charm, unfortunately they don't fit the Subaru... and yes having two fail is like Murphy's Law