Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheres my fuel pump?

Give me about 10 minutes and I will go out and look at mine. It's actually warm enough to go out this morning and look.

Mykeys Toys is correct that the pump is on a plate in front of the passenger rear axle. I don't know why I thought it was drivers side I had to upgrade the pump on my Brat when I installed FI a couple of years ago and have changed several over the almost 30 years I've owned Subarus.

Edited by silverhelme

Are you looking for the pump on a running ( or formally running )

car or one that you just picked up non running?

If it is the latter it may have been removed, if the former you are just not looking hard enough. I can see mine through the wheel well on the triangle shaped plate in front of the passenger side rear axle even with the front corner of the wheel well.

The only other possibility is someone pulled out the original and moved it elsewhere and in that case you will just have to follow the fuel line to find it. The only readily accessible places to put an aftermarket pump is in the original spot or in the engine compartment.