Ultimate Subaru Message Board

leone/loyale FWD EA71 toAWD EA82T

Be careful welding the centre bearing mounts onto the body. The floor skin isn't the thickest and there's a good chance you'll have the carpet underlay catch fire.

My first car was a sedan converted from FWD to AWD (Legacy gearbox) with a custom 1 piece tailshaft, but then fitted a full-time 4wd box and needed to get those brackets welded on.

Easiest way was to bolt the brackets to the tailshaft, then fit up the tailshaft to the rear diff & gearbox, push the tailshaft up into the tunnel so the brackets sit flush, then tack weld them up. Unbolt the tailshaft & weld up properly (they're normally only spot welded on anyway).

Jealous of of these places that have the coupe available. I think there's only 2 or 3 that got privately imported later into Aus :(

Be careful welding the centre bearing mounts onto the body. The floor skin isn't the thickest and there's a good chance you'll have the carpet underlay catch fire.

My first car was a sedan converted from FWD to AWD (Legacy gearbox) with a custom 1 piece tailshaft, but then fitted a full-time 4wd box and needed to get those brackets welded on.

Easiest way was to bolt the brackets to the tailshaft, then fit up the tailshaft to the rear diff & gearbox, push the tailshaft up into the tunnel so the brackets sit flush, then tack weld them up. Unbolt the tailshaft & weld up properly (they're normally only spot welded on anyway).

Jealous of of these places that have the coupe available. I think there's only 2 or 3 that got privately imported later into Aus :(

Yep I will be careful with the welding. I'll prpbably take the carpets off when doing it. Since I will be replacing the front seats anyway it won't be much of a trouble.

That pan sounds good and is the way I was going to do it. It's also the easies way to get them alighned correctly at the same time.

We have a lot of coupes around here but they are usually with the EA71 or EA82 non turbo engines. I would love to get the bodykit for it but it's so rare around here that it seems unlikely to find one for it. I've got the front lip for it so that's coverede but no other parts seem to be available here.