Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bouncing

cv axles can look fine and still be wobbly, especially if they are remanned axles. alignment is important at high speeds as well. 

oh ya, check your axle nuts and the washers under em. the one that looks flat isnt, the convex side goes out. torque axle nut as bleeding tight as you can..or about 145 ftlbs

ps.....what kind of soob are we talking about here?

One option is that the rim balance weights has come of. And yes I would also check the struts since those two (wheels/rims and struts) are usually the reason to bad bouncing. My old car altough not subie sat for couple years and the back was bouncing like a maniac afterthat because one strut was bad (even it had notbeen driven in couple years).

Dampers, front and back, can deteriorate if a car is left standing for any length of time and I'd also check the rear subframe for rust and/or fatigue cracks because they can get thin, become bendy and break (particularly if you are in an area of winter road salt). I had that happen on my old green L-series; handling became very bouncy and then there was a loud 'crack' and subframe broke in half leaving the car almost undrivable.

I doubt that a wheel out of balance would create 'bouncing' let alone 'crazy bouncing' - just a vibration. Is this thread real?

It did on my car once when the balance came off. It started with small shaking first but then awful bouncing effect after a while. Ofcourse when I did slow down the speed it settledagain to the shaking side. Bad balancing or bad rims do amazingly lot after all.