Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale coilovers?

I think it would be kind of fun to try some coilovers on my 1994 Subaru Loyale. Raceland makes some pretty affordable and good quality coils. Can anyone tell me if any of these options will fit on a 1994 Subaru Loyale?
Options are:
-

Subaru Impreza GC Coilovers (1992-2001)

-

Subaru Impreza GC Ultimo Coilovers (1992-2001)

The rest are for newer model cars but here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/subaru-coilover-kits.html

Thanks!

simple answer NO.

coilover sleeves and stock struts. coilover sleeve kit for an impreza or legacy will fit.

the front coilover will not fit unless you redrill the holes for the top plate and you have EJ or XT6 front five lug swap the EA and EJ strut mounts are completely different

Edited by tractor pole

simple answer NO.

coilover sleeves and stock struts. coilover sleeve kit for an impreza or legacy will fit.

the front coilover will not fit unless you redrill the holes for the top plate and you have EJ or XT6 front five lug swap the EA and EJ strut mounts are completely different

So you're saying with stock struts It isn't do-able?

Edited by nick1208

maybe I should clarify.

coilover sleeves with stock struts will work. Like these: sample

those coilovers you provided the link to will not work without lots of modification.

Sorry I'm new to the whole suspension thing. So the ones i linked will not work. The ones you linked will work. Is it just a matter of having those sleeves?

if you get the sleeves it is a simple matter of replacing the stock springs with those sleeves.

the ones you linked to can work but you need a lot mote mods to make it work. 

search for coilover sleeves there a few members that did some really good threads on this very subject.

happy hunting

The ones on my wagon are Skunk2, they came off a 90-something Civic hatch in the P&P yard...... Jus gotta roll your sleeves up and get in there...... My advice, is to buy the CHEAPEST ebay 2.5" coilover sleeve kit you can get your hands on and start wrenching.... One of 2 things will happen, you'll either get it or you won't! And if you don't, you can always come back here and ask questions, here @ the USMB we applaud "do it yourselfers" and are more willing to help when we see you're mid project and need a hand..... :-) 

That was definitely meant to be smart assed, but really in a positive and endearing way.... 

Get in there and do it!!!!!

The ones on my wagon are Skunk2, they came off a 90-something Civic hatch in the P&P yard...... Jus gotta roll your sleeves up and get in there...... My advice, is to buy the CHEAPEST ebay 2.5" coilover sleeve kit you can get your hands on and start wrenching.... One of 2 things will happen, you'll either get it or you won't! And if you don't, you can always come back here and ask questions, here @ the USMB we applaud "do it yourselfers" and are more willing to help when we see you're mid project and need a hand..... :-) 

That was definitely meant to be smart assed, but really in a positive and endearing way.... 

Get in there and do it!!!!!

So basically any cheap coilover and a 2.5" sleeve will work? 

COILOVER SLEEVE KIT...

Google it..... eBay it..... It will get you going..... Results will vary depending on attention to detail, mechanical inclination, and general "vision" of what you're hoping to accomplish.....