Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 2001 Subaru Forester has a dashboard light out for the odometer. I've heard that they're not a common style of bulb. I'd like to replace the other bulbs while I'm in there. I can't seem to find out what the bulb style is  I've heard conflicting posts that say it is a T5 wedge bulb. Any input would be much appreciated. I'd love to switch to Led lights, but I don't know if I want to open up that can of worms. Thanks.

I have No Experience with Newer Gens of Subarus' instrument Clusters, I'm an Old-School guy, So I can not tell about which bulbs are in the '01 Forester instrument cluster; but I can tell you which are the Most common Bulbs for instrument clusters, their names and measurements, because I've retrofitted LED Lights on many cars' instrument clusters... not only Subarus, but including my Subaru "BumbleBeast"

See: ~► Here

For a Picture Guide with Cross Reference numbers & Shapes of the Bulbs.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Same situation here. Was waiting for it to warm up to pull the dash apart to avoid breaking any brittle plastic. Maybe I'll attack my burnt out ODO bulb in the next week or so.

From my previous research, these threads should help:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/96366-instrument-panel-lighting/

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/99-do-yourself-illustrated-guides/18175-replacing-lights-instrumet-cluster.html

ODO/Clock Bulb part is: 85066GA110

I'll probably replace a few other bulbs (main backlight ones) while I'm in there.

Hope that helps!