Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So my son decided to take the car out for a joyride and wound up going off the road 'a little'.

Next day, wife and kid call me from the store 4 miles away, something's 'wrong with the tire'.

What?

So I throw the floor jack in the truck and head out, meet em halfway, and here's the passenger side front tire canted about 25 degrees to the driver's side at the top. I jack it up, and lo! here is the strut all bent outta shape.

And we were trying to sell it. It's a nice car.

So I removed the thing, fixed up the damage as best I could (have to get a new tire) and made sure to align the mark I made on the camber bolt the way it was. The ABS bracket wound up on the lower bolt though cuz I was tired and didn't want to take the upper bolt out again. Should I do this, or is it okay on the lower bolt? I assume it's probably okay.

The real question is, did this event likely bend the frame, too? I guess I will find out tomorrow if it drives like it did before. Thoughts?

i've fixed a bunch of wrecked Subarus.  yours is minor and not a big deal, sounds like you're done.  at most the front control arm is bent/damaged or you should have an alignment done.

you can do at home alignments and easily measure and adjust toe using a string...and even camber if you buy a tool i believe.

abs - as long as it's bolted such that the hose isn't rubbing anything when the steering is turned full lock either direction youre golden.

• Like 1