Ultimate Subaru Message Board

sheeez it seems like the gauge loves to have at least one warning light lit... Not any sooner I finally fixed my 2 long year ABS light I get a CEL not too long after I filled up with fuel, The light has been off for like 2 months now.. being it's 1&2 it's on the same coil? My coil had some arc damage but that's on the connection for cly 4 As far as driveability nothing has changed.

The interesting thing was it started out as only #1 at first then #2 started to show up.

I'm a firm believer that you have to leave ONE thing broke, because as soon as you fix it something else will break. I don't know why, but that's the way cars work.

Plug wires are new? Plugs are new?

Coil pack could be on its way out if it already has damage.

If it's not the coil, it could be something else failing like an O2 sensor short. I had an O2 sensor shorting internally on another car (first code was for the preheat) and eventually it caused a very random engine misfire which caused a back fire that literally blew the muffler apart at the seams like an M80 went off in it. Never would have guessed a simple short like that would cause so much mayhem, especially considering it was the rear O2. Do CPS or cam sensors on these cause misfires? Just food for thought. Also, does it recur with a code reset? Is the engine actually misfiring? Or is just the code? Might want to inspect the plugs and make sure there isn't debris on them or oil, etc. Double check the gap too.

Edited by Bushwick

You know what was funny was 2 nights ago I noticed between a certain rpm I hear a sound like you know piston slap on a cold morning but any higher or lower rpm it went away..

I did make a short video, power level was really down the motor made sharp metallic sounds, in which I could feel in the throttle pedal.. It's hard to tell if it's a piston or the bearings, because the fact that all the other cars I heard with bad spun bearings at least they still ran at idle.. mine would die as soon as I clutched in.. it squealed like a banshee..