Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need help PLEASE

So I bought a 1990 Loyale Turbo and it is a clean car in and out. But its not shifting how it should. It will run up to 4500have rpms and shift from 2-3 and wont shift into 4the unless I'm going down hill at 80mph then it will go into od. I have looked for an answer to my problem but havent found anything to say what it may be except a vacuum hose not connected to the intake. Now there are two hoses not hooked to anything but there is nowhere to hook one to on the intake. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Ok well I have gotten it to shift as it should, I think, but it is still flashing the "POWER " light 16 times. From reading other postings that is just saying something is up with the transmission. I'm trying to figure out the code retract process still.

The fluid is fairly new,3200miles, since the transmission rebuild. The motor was done about the same time. The guy I got it from sold it after his son passed and did not get everything back together in auto shop in collage. He transplanted the new motor and tranny.

Well I have to admit I followed the recommendations of the others posting here. First I checked fluid level then I looked at how the TPS(Throttle Positioning Sensor) was aligned compared to a couple that I had took pictures of at my local pull-n-save. It was pushed all the way towards the fire wall, whereas the ones at the p-n-s were more towards the grill of the car. Once it started doing better I went ahead and followed the directions in my Chilton's manual to set it to the correct setting. Hope this will help you as it did me.