Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 93 Impreza

MPtyza

I've got a 1993 Impreza L FWD I picked up from my ex-wife who had it for 8 years at that point, all work during that time was done by me, so I knew the car in and out.

This is how she looked when I picked her up, after I put on the 05 WRX wheels I got from a friend for free. (I also ditched that abomination on the trunk soon after this picture)

soob1.jpg

Here she is after my cheapass quick roller paint job that I never did get a chance to sand smooth

soob2.jpg

And finally, here she is as she sits today

bigsoob.jpg

She is pretty much stock drivetrain wise for now, but I have plans of building a frankenmotor, and as soon as I can find a transmission, a FWD 5 speed swap.

What she does have already:

2005 Baja front seats, cloth and vinyl type

2001 RS sedan rear seat back, and RS coupe rear seat bottom

2004 Forester steering wheel and airbag

2001 Forester 6CD changer, lights up red

All interior lighting changed to red

Full front end converted to 99-01 RS

Homemade clear corners, insides blacked out

Blacked out headlight trim

Hella 500FF driving lights (These are eventually being replaced by fog pattern 500's or stock RS foglights)

Black front turn signals

97-01 Impreza mirrors

Mirrors and door handles paint matched

Chrome window trim replaced with 95-01 black trim

2005 WRX wheels, painted graphite

Factory cruise control added

1995 Legacy map lights added

Antenna hole on A pillar delete

Trunk lock hole delete

All door and fender trim deleted

Factory L/RS sedan spoiler added

Fiberglass rear bumper cover, not entirely sure what brand. It reminds me of the 00-04 Legacy rear bumper cover

1998 Civic side skirts (only until I get a set of RS skirts)

2005 Forester front brakes

No name intake tube and cone filter

ebay header, new Forester cat pipe, and no name catback.

Eibach Prokit lowering springs on RS front struts, FWD rear struts.

Modified chrome Altezza style lights, chrome painted to match wheels, added second brake lights to each side. 

Quarter panel rust delete and replacement section of radiator support welded in. Seems when you hit 5 deer over the years, things tend to not line up anymore

And my favorite part of all, we repainted her in the proper Rally Blue, 74F this past May. Needs more clear, but I love it anyway.

After 20 years and 215,000 miles, the only things to go wrong were a single brake caliper years ago, and the original starter earlier this year.

• Like 1

Nice L. Tastefully modified, as well. Lotsa work into this one eh? What engine is in it a 1.8 or a 2.2?

My brother has a 94 L FWD 5 speed all original (except snowflake rims) 235,000 miles on it and counting right now. That red beast has the 1.8. Apparently a lot of people seek those cars for their drivetrain as the ej18 and the front wheel drive/5 speed combination is hella rare.

Thanks. I've still got the original EJ18 in there for now. It runs great just want some more power.

I was actually surprised by my emissions test last year. The car had sat for 3 years prior and everything was well below the max levels. Not bad for having the original cats yet.

I got a ride up to one of the u pull yards yesterday, and came back with this:

transmission.jpg

FWD manual from a '93 Legacy with only 280,000 on it. It was the only FWD manual EJ transmission in the yard, so I'll use it to get things up and running with the swap, and probably until it decides it's had enough or I find a lower mileage one.

Also went looking for a keyless entry module and harness, and found this:

security.jpg

Amongst that rat's nest is also the security upgrade and all associated parts. I already have a driver's door lock actuator, just needed to hit ebay for a remote.

And lastly I'll include a rear picture with the $140 ebay catback that just came in today and my work-in-progress taillights, which will be going when I can grab a set of JDM tails

imprezaexhaust.jpg

• 1 month later...