Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Factory Fog lights

I am looking at an orphan plug in the wiring harness for the left hand side of the surround for the instrument cluster. There is a blank (space that could be popped out) on the dash front close to it. Would that be where a switch for factory fog lamps might be?

1985 EA82 wagon. The under dash harness seems to hold the female ends of the plugs. The corresponding male end of the plug is nowhere to be found on the dash side. The wiper is on the RH side of the steering wheel.

I suppose some features were options that share the same harness.

Edited by Luvn737s

My had "factory fogs", but the original paper work showed them as a dealer add on. When I got the car, the switch was there but the fogs were gone. More paperwork showed that they were complaining about a battery drain, and the fogs were the culprit. Most of the harness was taken back out, you can still see I the wiring where they added it in.

So you'd have to have power locks for that to be active, right?

Correct it would be on 85/86 models w/ power locks.

All the harness wiring is there for the power locks.  You'd just have to add the door harnesses and actuators.  I did it to my 86.

If you don't have power locks that connector stays unused.

Edited by Gloyale