Ultimate Subaru Message Board

06 legacy has no parking lights

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me. I've searched and googled and getting few answers. So, my wife's 06 Legacy wagon has no parking lights at all 4 corners. Neither the switch on top  of column nor headlight switch will turn them on. Checked fuses with meter, all are good. Getting 12V at fuse points. All other lights work normal, brakes, signals, flashers & headlights. (Including DRL) Interior dash, and all other lights seem normal. There are no modifications done, no trailer wiring, nothing. 69K on odo.

I checked bulbs, all are good. I see this problem has come up a few times, but no real definitive answers as far as  I can tell. I do NOT have a manual and am only barely handy, but at least functional, Hopefully I gave enough info. to help me track this down. Thanks in advance.

I just went through this issue with someone else who had an earlier model Impezza. Power is supplied through the fuse panel in the dash to the switch on top of the column. That switch passes power even when it is OFF. That car used a white/red wire to supply power from the dash fuse panel to the switch on top of the column. Your car may be the same. The problem we found was due to a bad jumper connection inside the dash fuse panel which tied power from the Main Panel under the hood into the dash fuse panel. I assume you also checked the fuses under the hood for any problem when you made the checks. Good job BTW.

Ebay is a good place to find CD version service manuals at a very good price. You would be wise to purchase one. It makes looking into problems like this so much easier. You already seem to have the meter.

Thanks. I was afraid it could behind a panel or hidden somehow.  Yes I looked at all the fuses and metered them. I spent 2 days looking for  the problem. But being it's winter now, and she needs her car, my time ran out and she took it to the dealer tonight. 

It's funny, but I always buy a manual for any motorcycle I buy. And of course I have all the manuals for my bugs. But for a sube I figured I wouldn't have to do that much work to it. But then sometimes things happen.

We'll find out tomorrow what the damage will be I guess.

I suggest you get a manual in case something else happens later on so will have it on hand if that time comes. If you had the manual for this case you most likely would have had the problem pinned down in 2 hours. The CDs sell for less than 20 dollars. One hour of your time is worth more than that.