Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea1?

I bought a 4" lift kit from SJR, and I wanted to make sure I have the right one ( thought it's a little late cause I already bought the kit ). Is a 86 brat a ea1 or ea2, also it seems like the leading rod bracket should be "lifted" along with everything else.

Thanks in advanced.

I was looking thru the web on a unrelated topic, and saw someone posting that 79 to 84 was a ea1, and 85 and up was a ea2.

It seems cars more compatible with mine are later, or 85 and up, so how is mine a ea1? Also in my specs books, they tend to split between 84 and earlier , or 85 and later.

So... Ea2 then?

ALL subarus from 80-84 are EA81,However,BRATS and HATCHBACKS are EA81 until 89 when they stopped being made.

Sedans and wagons from 85 -94 are EA82.

EA81 is "round"

EA82 is "square"

Also whenever you get parts for it say it is an "83" just to avoid confusion.

Edited by Uberoo

well. 80-84 wagon=EA81 . 82-87 Brat=EA81 80-89 Hatch=EA81      85-94 wagon= EA82 .  Practically All 81-87 Brats are EA81 .make sense? 

Your Brat is an EA81 Guaranteed! The EA81 is the engine but its commonly used to refer the body type of your Brat

Edited by 81EA81

just waiting for Jeszek to come in and tell you that the last run of EA81 body styles in his region came out from the dealer with EA82 engines :)

In the southern hemisphere we call the EA81 engined models MY, EA82 engined models L Series.

Is your keyboard having issues with its 8 button ?

• Like 2