Ultimate Subaru Message Board

85 Brat...only one dash speaker?

odie

OK, I've search the forum and googled and everything,,,

My 85 Brat has only a single dash speaker on the drivers side.  Something odd like a 3x5ish looking speaker.

I can't find a hidden passenger side dash speaker anywhere...where is the damn thing hidden?  Or does this truck really only have a single dash speaker?

I had looked in there...no speaker...

went and looked again...just an open void so it's not an HVAC vent...I'm gonna guess the speaker was removed...

guess that's why I've read about removing the glovebox to access the dash speaker...lol

looks like a 4x6 might fit back there.

bracket was still there...4x6 bolted right up...

Now how to work a 4x6 into the driver's side?  I got a 3.5 mounted to the OEM bracket but would prefer a 4x6 to keep it all balanced.

But then again...I had a single random 4x6 and a single random 3.5 both just lying around the garage.  Not sure why I kept them but now I know...lol 

• Like 1

That driver's bracket is pretty tiny...not sure there would be anything left after cutting to hold a 4x6.   I have some scrap aluminum plate.  Might fab my own bracket like I did my console.

I tried just getting a 4x6 thru the opening...could not do it.

I need to score a grill too...

here is a pic of a polk 4 X 6 stuffed in there. You definatley will be putting this in from below. remove the kick panel and the drop the fusebox. You are right, the stock bracket is not big enough to cut, this speaker I believe I attached with two screws into the fusebox bracket. At the top its just wedged up against something of no cosequence. It holds firm and this set up works.

I think  I have an extra navy grill if you need it.

IMG_1217_zps2a944eb0.jpg