Ultimate Subaru Message Board

09 impreza ipod dock connector

So my 02 impreza is dead. I had timing belt/pulley problems for the 2nd time in as many years, so tonight I am picking up my new 09 impreza. Its an automatic unfortunately, but it will have to do. Really like the car otherwise. 

My question is if anyone has tried using the ipad dock in that generation of impreza with one of those ipod dock bluetooth receivers. I have heard that some of them dont work with  some cars and haven't been able to find anything specific on the impreza. I would really like to be able to use my android phone to play through the stereo, and would prefer not to have to tear the whole dash apart to change the radio to do it. If I have to I will, but I would be happy leaving it the way it is as long as I can get that working. a headphone jack input would be fine too, but the blurtooth recevers seem nice.

Dunno. My impreza didn't come with any of that fancy stuff. I did see that headphone aux jacks started coming in the 07 models, but I have no idea beyond that. Shouldn't be too hard though to get a head unit with an auxilary/usb port.

Good luck.