Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Help Please: Resealed oil pump, spilled trans fluid, refilled barely goes forward.

MDW

I resealed my oil pump today in my 91 Loyale EA82 Engine. Ran it for a few seconds while radiator wasn't hooked up to make sure timing was on. Spilled trans fluid everywhere OOPS! Refilled trans fluid. Transmission wont engage until RPM are high. was able to drive it around the block, but not well. Engine runs fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

MDW 

Thank you, My car is a few years older 91 and not 90... but It does say and loyale. So thanks for the confirm.

I just figured out what happened. I was doing everything myself, double checking everything.

Then my neighbor came over to help. I wasn't sure where the trans fluid dipstick was (have not had the car for long) he spotted it and said here it is. 

so i filled it

It was the gear box. Now i need to drain it and find a place with Fluid for my gear box. Might be a tomorrow morning before work venture. 

Thanks for the reply!

MDW

Thanks John! 

It was really dark when we filled it. When I went out this Morning I looked at the dipstick and sure enough, it says "dif oil" on it. I have not spent much time working on cars. Im sure this is not the last silly mistake I will make. Just happy It did not cause any harm! 

A good reminder to be more carful. Have the repair manual on order, will be studying a bit more before the next repair. 

Drained the "Dif Oil" (plug was on driver side) re-filled

Topped off Trans Fluid

Runs like a dream and no more Tick of Death! 

MDW