Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anybody had the arm come off the heater blend door? '86 EA82

SSIA. After a week or so of using the heat this fall in my Subaru it has decided to blow cold. Much to my dismay, I've found the arm that actuates the blend door has come unhooked. As we all know there's not a lot of room to work down there......anybody got any tricks to reattach it?

So you mean the lever arm on the outside of the heater box has come off?

BTW, which side of the heater box is this for LHD models. for us RHD people, they're on the right side, so in the driver's footwell, and so you remove the panel under the steering column to gain better access.

You might need to remove the glove box.

If it's come off inside, then it's broken, and you're going to have to remove the heater box from the car & disassemble it to fix.

wow, that looks so weird compared with seeing the RHD version only :P the heater pipes look so convoluted compared with ours.

But supremely jealous that the pipes are metal and one piece with the heater core.

For some stupid reason, RHD models have rubber bends joining the heater core to the pipes through the firewall. Never ending source of frustrating when they split and you'll see lots of Aus models with the hose looped back onto itself in the engine bay. It doesn't get that cold here, some summer days we wish it would temps would drop 30  degrees...