Ultimate Subaru Message Board

oops... fluid leaks.

I had a bit of a collant leak so I decided to be cheap and use the easy fix... stop leak!

So far it appears that my problem isn't and I'm leaking other stuff now too. I've got an oil drip I didn't have (or at least didn't notice) and another unknown substance. Its thick and slippery and tan (maybe stop leak?) But its dripping from the driver side just behind the tire.

My car is running fine. Keeping a good temp and its smooth too. Any ideas?

the small hose under the manifold from the thermostat to the top of the block. 1/4" size hose. do not use fuel line. this will drip onto the top of the block and run off the back of the engine. 

alos inspect the lower hose where the metal pipe attaches to the water pump. replace the o-ring. 

Fix hoses as stop leak does nothing unless the radiator itself has a pinhole leak.

Watch the coolant and that tank closely. Check it every time you are going to start the car. Check that the cooling system has no air by squeezing and releasing the upper radiator hose rapidly. You should hear the jiggle pin, not air.