Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Rally-Bred"

So I'm in the process of giving my 89 coupe a shiny new paint job and a few extra accessories (I'll post pics when it's done) and I was thinkin I'm gonna get a windshield sticker that says "Rally-Bred" anybody have any cool font ideas?

Thanks! --Nathan

It's subjective. like color, everyone has a different fav color.

I get comments "you might as well have a car". Trike has roof, heater, windscreen etc. But its my vehicles. For everyone that says that there are 20 that admire it.

So some dont like banners. thats fine. You're doing a good thing- getting opinions, then weigh it all up what you want to do....and do it.

Many said I was stupid going ea81 in my trike from VW. Best move I ever made

Be unique

Edited by tweety
  • Like 2

Well, yeah, everybody has their opinion. That's well established in the internet world.

On the other hand, the reasoning that it draws the wrong kind of attention is subjective. For example, if the OP lives in a nice suburban neighborhood where everybody drives Ford Tauruses and there is a 9:30 curfew and everybody knows everybody's name, then a window banner is going to probably grab the wrong kind of attention just like a loud exhaust would.

If the OP lives in an extremely densely populated urban city, such as I do, then your window banner isn't going to make one bit of difference in the amount of attention your car receives, bad or otherwise. In fact here are a few things that would ordinarily draw the wrong kind of attention but don't;

A blown headlight

An expired inspection sticker

A complete lack of inspection sticker

Extremely loud exhaust
No exhaust
No working brake lights
Front tinted windows
Neon lights
Only having 3 out of 4 wheels freely spinning while you're driving

There are a few on that list that I have personal experience with, but my favorite is the last one, which is not a lie.

I drove through an intersection, past a police officer sitting at the light on the pass side of my vehicle, with the pass rear tire on my GL completely locked due to broken brake drum hardware. Tire screeching, smoke coming from it, right through the intersection past him and he didn't even bat an eye.

AND it had a loud exhaust and only one working headlight. :)

I digress....

Look up some fonts on google, visualize them on your windshield, if you find something you like, then go for it.

My ONLY criticism is that early generation subarus are anything but rally bred in my opinion. It's the later gen cars like the Legacy and the Impreza that were bred from the rallying that the earlier gen subarus cut their teeth on, but you do what makes you happy lol!

Ive noticed that the vinyl window sticker fad has really calmed down alot. Perhapse run its course. I still see them from time to time, but most of them are "realtor crap" or "Avon Mary Kay" type stuff.

I once had access to a cutter and this forced me to make stupid stuff for my back windows. Im sorta glad I no longer have the means to make stickers.