Ultimate Subaru Message Board

02 sensor 87 dl carb

So I recently came to find that I had a wire dangling from underneath my subie. Upon further investigation it runs into the O2 sensor. Question is where the hell does it go from the O2 sensor? I've looked everywhere. The wire was ripped in half and I can not find where it attaches to anywhere. Put it on a lift, nothing anywhere at all someone please help, the car is getting shitty fuel economy and stalls almost every Time I stop. It is quite annoying.

-Duck

Im going to assume this is an EA82 feedback carb, which I have little experience with. Does the wire "half" hanging from the exhaust have the connector? From the car side of the connector the wire should be a shielded wire, likely grey with a light gauge white wire inside. you would probably have to pull the wire up into the engine bay and judge where it would have broken to locate the other half. Take the spare tire out first.

There is the possibility that the cat/exhaust is off a different car, or the feedback system was removed and the sensor wire was not clipped off at the sensor. You might want to verify that the car has a functioning ecm, and that it is actually a feedback model.

I think Ive read posts boasting that replacing the O2S on these systems was a miracle cure. Im unsure if the missing O2S signal could be the source or your stalling issue. The feedback system is a bit more of a fine tune device which does have some control over the idle mixture, via the low speed solenoid. The one wire O2S on these cars have a tendency to be slow to warm up and quick to cool off. They will stop sending signals at long stop lights. On the EA81 feedbacks, after a long drive with no input from the sensor the system would fault, and run full rich (decreasing MPGs). I had invested much time in the feedback EA81s, or should I say wasted much time. 

If I were you I'd read more in to the feedback carbs and see if it applies to you. I'm thinking possible the motor or exhaust isn't original to that car and it either had a spfi engine in it at one point or the exhaust from a spfi was put on it, and your running issues are unrelated. Again I'm not saying that's the case, just something to ponder.

I'm pretty positive that this car has not had a motor swap on it. And the only exhaust work done on it was through a muffler shop (I have a giant stack of papers that came with it) I know this wire was hooked up to something because I definitely wasn't dragging wires when I left the house.. It looks like it got caught on my cv and got ripped in half btw this car is 100% stock unmolested. I have tried to pull the wire up into the engine bay, and cannot find the car side of the wire just the half running into the o2s