Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Grill swap

Hi there. I'm interested in swapping my 87 GL wagon from composite headlights to the 4 rectangle headlight setup. Do I need to swap radiator core support or can I just get the grill, buckets, and lights and bolt them on?

Just need to find a dl parts car and get the light fixture and lights and grill

They just bolt right up u can not swop out core support with out cutting and welding

and alittle wireing to do but really simple.

i've been searching for the past 2 years for a DL for the quad headlights but the only thing that keeps appearing at junkyards are GL's and GL-10's, seems that the DL's all died a while ago and the others are now dying, including my 89 thats now crashed and totaled, so much for searching...

Thanks for the responses.

Just need to find a dl parts car and get the light fixture and lights and grill

When you say "light fixture," do you mean the headlight buckets, or is there more? I don't have a DL handy for comparison and still haven't gotten a repair manual.

Also, can I use any EA81 or EA82 with the correct setup as a donor?

Edited by elRayRay

Thanks for the responses.

When you say "light fixture," do you mean the headlight buckets, or is there more? I don't have a DL handy for comparison and still haven't gotten a repair manual.

Also, can I use any EA81 or EA82 with the correct setup as a donor?

EA81's I believe that they are different but any EA 82's will work and yes I did mean head light bucket the wiring is slightly different you just gotta make sure you got the right ones to your high beam and for your low being because they're separate going to dual headlights

If you say the front end of your EA82 is wrecked I've got a complete Parts Car if that helps I'll let the part go cheep but I am up by the Canadian border in Bellingham

EA81's I believe that they are different but any EA 82's will work and yes I did mean head light bucket the wiring is slightly different you just gotta make sure you got the right ones to your high beam and for your low being because they're separate going to dual headlights

If you say the front end of your EA82 is wrecked I've got a complete Parts Car if that helps I'll let the part go cheep but I am up by the Canadian border in Bellingham

And I just realized it was the wrong person that has the red car my bad

Gotcha. Thanks again. I'm planning on rewiring the headlights to have the outer pair hi/lo and the inner pair hi-beam only.

And I just realized it was the wrong person that has the red car my bad

So if my car isn't red and the front end isn't wrecked, you don't have the parts?

;-)

Gotcha. Thanks again. I'm planning on rewiring the headlights to have the outer pair hi/lo and the inner pair hi-beam only.

So if my car isn't red and the front end isn't wrecked, you don't have the parts?

;-)

If you're talking about the dual headlight set up no I do not have that I have the regular GL single headlight setup 2 Parts Car to choose from if any of that helps let me know

• Like 1

If you're talking about the dual headlight set up no I do not have that I have the regular GL single headlight setup 2 Parts Car to choose from if any of that helps let me know

Are the front corners in good shape? I would at least like to get a PS headlight. If the corners hold the bulbs properly (mine don't), I'd be interested in those, too. Also, if you have some random dash parts (HVAC controls, radio bezel, fog light switch, working dash clock, etc.) could you take a couple pictures of the instrument panel (and surround) and the lower console?

Are the front corners in good shape? I would at least like to get a PS headlight. If the corners hold the bulbs properly (mine don't), I'd be interested in those, too. Also, if you have some random dash parts (HVAC controls, radio bezel, fog light switch, working dash clock, etc.) could you take a couple pictures of the instrument panel (and surround) and the lower console?

it's not the corner lights lenses that causes the bulbs to fall out the fixture that the bulb sits in the plastic brakes and that's why the bald falls out pm me your number so I can send you the picks that way