Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need help with electric/bracket mystery on 84GL

Zem

About a year ago I decided to repair the holes in the dashboard. This meant taking the whole thing out. I thought it would be a few days, but it turned into over a year (though the dash has now been flocked green). The problem is I was not great with documenting it, and it has been to long to remember where everything went.

Most things went back together alright, but there are two issues... and I hope very much that they are related.

1) The HVAC fan doesn't work. I have tested the fan itself, and it is fine, so I am not getting power to it. I have checked the fuse, but it seems the switch doesn't see any love.

2) I have a bracket with a relay attached to it, and I have no idea where it goes. Hopefully it is related to the HVAC fan. I *believe* it goes under the steering wheel based on the prong things that hold up the round relays.

It's worth noting that KingBobDole did a swap on this, so I'm not even sure anything connects to this relay.

The relay has room for 6 connectors, but there are only 4 of them. There is a dangling connector that only has 2x2, so it would fit, but... that would be weird, right? If it's 2x3, even if it only has 4 actual wires, you'd expect the connector to have 2x3 and two empty slots. 

So anyway, if this looks familiar to anyone and you can give me some idea of where it goes and what might plug into it, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

84GLbracket2.jpg

84GLbracket1.jpg