Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tire selection for an 11 Forester

So far, I have 45,000 miles on the original Yokohama Geolander tires.  About 6 months ago the tread depth was 5/32" so I may be looking for tires over the next few months.  I have been really impressed with the Yokohama Geolanders, and my only complaint is that I have had a flat which was been plugged twice.  At my Costco, they do not carry this brand, but they do carry both the Michelin Defender, and the Michelin Primacy MXV4.  I have found the Michelin tires to be be very good as well.  I last had the MXV4's on a Honda Accord and Civic.

Has any one put the Michelin MXV4's on their car?  Any comments otherwise?

Thanks.

My 2002 came from the factory with the Geolanders. I was happy with the tires, except that they wore out fast. They have a softer rubber than other tires, so give good road-grip, but faster wear. And they were quite good in light snow conditions.

But since replacing the Geolanders, I now have 4 snow tires on dedicated rims, which I use from about Feb. to March. They also have a softer rubber composition, so have good grip in colder temperatures and on icy roads.

The rest of the year I use 'normal' tires on the stock mag rims. I get tires that are good in rain, and with good wear predictions.