Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6 lug redrill wheel/tire combos

You also need the front struts, change the top hats across from your existing to the new struts. Modify the bottom arms. There are quite a few threads on it in the retrofitting section.

For the rear you need XT6 hubs, and either XT6 backing plates and calipers, etc, or modify any EJ backing plate to fit (which is changing 4 holes to 3 to suit the trailing arm). See the thread I started on EOI for XT6 hubs, there is quite a bit of info on the backing plate work required.

I know a lot of us redrill to get bigger tires for offroading. I'm wondering if anyone has done this to get a more onroad performance type tire? I need to get the puny 13" wheels off my 87.5 XT GL.

The main question i have is, how big in overall diameter/width can i go? I see some nice gm/toyota 17"&18" wheels out there for decent money. I know with 18"s i'd end up with like 30-35 series tires, but im ok with that. I also know from my FWD xt6 that 205/55-16 is at the max, but thats a different animal altogether.

If anyone can help me out before i spend big $$$ on r&d I'd appreciate it!