Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i am putting an aftermarket radio in my 2006 impreza it had a jensen radio in it but the p.o. took the knobs with him when i pulled the jensen out i got all the wires figured out and the new radio works except it won't pick up many stations i think it is the ant wire. the only wire i couldn't figure out is a big black wire that goes to a ground,but the radio works so i am not sure i will tinker with it in a little bit . and i am going to find out what bulb goes behind the tempurature gauge i am thinking a t5 . and i fixed the back door passenger side it opens and closes and locks and unlocks like it is suppose to. thank God for whiteys they had three 06 impreza at their wrecking yard. 26 bucks later  i had my parts.

so i found a wire with the ant connector on it but the radio only picks up local stations it is a thin wire it might be an aftermarket ant extension. there is also a big black wire that looks like a ground it is not a part of the plug in harness,i will try to trace it down to seed where it goes,the radio works without it as there is a ground in the plug in,i am thinking someone added it later as an auxillary ground.