Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need fan wiring help asap

Well just put a 6inch lift on my subi and we'll gotta ditch the mechanical fan and wire up electric fans... I have read bumble beast thread but it's not making sence to me I have from factory fan "1 blue with red stripe" wire and a solid yellow wire what one is the switch and what one is the ground and do I put the ground to the body or fan.....now for the thermo switch does it matter what wire goes where on my new hyandai switch or no my old wires are yellow black and on the new thermo switch they both are black hmmmm any help will be awesome and thanks for this form will post pics once fully finished this is my last step

• Like 1

"just" use the two wires that go to the factory fan to switch a normal horn relay - I did ! I think the basic colour of one wire is blue, the other yello, not sure on the trace skinny colours. What you do is attach one wire to 85 terminal on relay, the other to 86. So long as is basic relay and not a diode protected relay it wont matter which wire goes to which terminal so long as you use 85 and 86. It will just power up the coil inside relay to switch on your fan or fans.

Then, the fans ned to be worked out which way they need to be wired to get air flow correct. Earth the earth wire you decide on to a good earth and the power comes from 87 on relay and add power from battery to relay thirty with say a 20amp fuse

Run the blue/red wire to the fan (this wire should have 12v with ignition on). The yellow wire from the fan will go to the thermoswitch. The thermoswitch will complete the ground when the temp gets around 180. If your thermoswitch has 2 black wires, connect the yellow (from fan) to one of the black wires. Take the other black wire and connect to ground.