Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm in the market for a new hatchback and am considering a used 2.0i impreza. There are a few on the market in my area ranging from a 2012-2014 that I'll consider.

I've only ever owned subarus, '91 Loyal, '97 Impreza, '98 Legacy, '09 Impreza and now looking for another.

The problem is my current '09, 2.5i is an absolute, miserable lemon. It's had nothing but problem since I got it and now I'm ditching it.  

What are peoples impressions of the 2012, and 2014 Impreza? Consumer report shows the '12 is a more problematic year than '11 or '13. Can anyone comment on this?

Overall impression of the gas mileage of the 2.0i Impreza? 

Thanks

UC

I have a 2014 Impreza Premium. It's a great car (so far) after 27K miles. I have the CVT which gives me about 33 MPG in mostly highway driving. Time will tell how well the FB20/ FB25 engines last, but hopefully better than the EJ25's.

It's true that many 2012 and some 2013 were known for high oil consumption issues, but mine hasn't burned a drop of oil yet.

Our other two Subarus are a 1998 Legacy wagon (bought used, driven by my son-, will likely last forever), and a 2005 Impreza which is running well after 149K miles (not bad headgaskets- yet). I think nothing will beat the EJ22 engine that you had in your previous Subarus.

My mom has owned a 2012 2.0i since 5 miles on the clock. I think 4 sets of tires, 2 were OEM yokos, 2 were/are khumos which last much longer.. 2 sets of brakes, and a warranty short block at 110k miles.

Its a basic car, but its a good car