Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yes, crank was the only one that was off...

Yesterday I swapped a cam position sensor - didn't inspect timing yet - and I still get a nasty miss/hesitation above 4k so... that basically leads me to believe I jumped timing again. The tensioner must be faulty per all of our estimations. Broke down and got a timing kit rolling for Sunday delivery. Tonight after work I'll rip the timing cover off again only to confirm my suspicion. 

I tested two known good cam position sensors which were both at about 1900 ohms and mine tested at 2300 ohms, I figured I'd get lucky and just be able to swap the cam sensor.

Of course we're getting hit with snow tonight, the one night I'd love to have my Forester!  :angry:  

Getting super frustrated. Timing was NOT off as I expected it to be - all marks lined up perfectly... I put the belt back on the alt and went for a test drive. Everything was fine during cruising and part throttle. Then I went 75% throttle and it started bucking and hesitating again and eventually got really bad. I was able to get back home and it stalled in my garage and now it won't start. Throwing codes P0340 and P0336, when it cranks the tach wigs out and jumps all over the place. The cam position sensor is known good. I don't get it. I'm at a loss.