Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I bought a 2002 Forester back in December. I have been driving it to work every day with no problems. The belts in one of the tires separated, and I had to get all new. No big deal, just had to do it earlier that expected. After that the car vibrated during acceleration.

I had the tires re balanced, did not fix the problem. I dug out the Hayne's manual and it said the CV shafts could be doing it. I replaced the driver's side shaft and that seems to have fixed it. My question is, if the vibe comes back, what do I look at next? Maybe the rear shafts? The car has 195XXX and seems to have no other real issues. Any ideas? thanks for the help, as always.

If replacing one shaft fixed the vibration, then just drive on. I wouldn't consider replacing other shafts, unless they create a problem.

Since you bought used, any idea of number of miles on current timing belt?? If not, recommend replacing the belt, pulleys, and water pump. Better to do so, the alternative is a broken belt, and bent valves. Not a cheap repair.