Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1999 Legacy L Wagon - can't find trailer wire connection

1999 Legacy L Wagon. 

I want to install a trailer hitch but am having trouble locating the pigtail or even the wiring harness to connect the trailer wiring components to. Searching youtube and internet have shown the plug in various places from the driver's tail light port to the inside the passenger side cover but most videos are for outbacks and the more I look the more differences I discover between the two.  

Can anyone help me determine if there is a preexisting pigtail I can plug into and where I can find it or the wiring I would need to tap into if not.

thanks

I don't think the 99 Legacy has the plug built in.  I just added a hitch to the better half's 2006 Forester and it had the pigtail on the passenger side in the floor.  Easy.

I used http://www.etrailer.com/ for the Drawtight hitch and wiring.  Easy and Fast and a price that could not be beat.

Older Legacy's I've seen the tail lights tapped into behind the lights.  I'm not a fan of the crimp on wire taps but that is what I see the most.