Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sooooo, my muffler fell off... again, '96 Impreza outback.

Hey guys so after the second time of my muffler falling off, I am finally just going to replace the piece that goes under the rear differential, and the up to the muffler. what happened the first time is that it broke at the 90 going up to the muffler, so some welds where stacked, and that lasted a while, but it broke again tonight, so I'm looking for a replacement, I don't really want to do a full exhaust because I just had a bunch of it re done at the front of the car, so what have you guys done? I'm hoping I can piece together some common over the counter parts to make this work, but I would like to see what other people have done as well.

i have actually done what you want to do using over the counter parts. i took my old part into the store and sat there piecing together a few bends and straits until i had the whole section from half way back to the muffler and it cost somewhere around 40 bucks then i took it all to mu uncles and had him weld it all together. the hose clamp is just holding the exhaust mount to the new pipe.

here is a picture of that autozone exhaust part isle piping on the car. the bends were cut smaller to fit the area. this car was just scrapped 5 days ago due to the rust and after donating all of the drive train to a newer car.

20161024_191054_zpsh11azu9b.jpg

Edited by sirtokesalot

Very cool, thanks for all the input, I'll keep an eye out for something, if I really need to drive it I'll just piece it together, at least I know I actually can. Luckily this is not my only car, plus it will be down for a few days since I have to re seal the windshield anyway, so I have some time. I am still amazed how much my muffler really helps though, I mean you can see straight through it, but it makes a world of difference.