Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber carburettor trouble

Phizinza

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since i posted here.

I'm having trouble with the Weber I've put on my EJ.

The fuel is pouring out the primary venturi. This is happening at idle and the car won't run unless the choke is held on (assuming the air flow is pulling even more fuel out the venturi). It's not fuel pressure as i hooked up a small bottle with gravity feed only. It's not float level as I've triple checked it. I've checked that all the jets are in place. Can't figure out why it's dribbling/pouring so much fuel in.

I just pulled the carb off and thoroughly cleaned it out, made sure none of the idle circuit was blocked, all jets clean, etc. No change. I'm running this on gravity feed at the moment just to make sure it's not over pressure from the fuel pump.

It's also important to note I rebuilt this carb about 2 years ago, put a full kit through it.

Please see the video posted on Facebook below.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154351067985910&id=64334920909

Thank you for any positive advice you may have.

Everything seems to be fine on your Setup.

If extra fuel pressure is ruled out, I can only think about something mismatched during the assembly of the Weber, including a "Rotating" loose fuel needle (or Nozzle, I don't know its proper name in english), on the Primary -low- stage.

Worth double check everything there.

Kind Regards.