Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can U Explain Ea81 Heads

Hey guys. Was looking around for the info about the ea81 head differences just to know what I have. 

General Disorder was so great about knowing these things inside and out but I haven't seen him around on the site for some time. 

Also, I have seen people mention JDM when they are referencing engines. Can someone explain that to me so I am clear about that too?

Thx. There used to be some great links to read through before but I haven't been able to find them. 

He doesn't have time for the forums anymore from being to busy running his shop and life in general. He doesn't really work on old gens anymore he passes that off to my budy Matt or me. 80-84 manual trans and 80-82 auto trans heads had smaller intake valves. 83 up autos and 85 up manuals had hydraulic lifters with bigger intake valves which made slightly more power.

Edited by turbosubarubrat

Thx for the reply TurboSubaruBrat. That helps out. It is good to hear GD is still doing good. I really enjoyed hearing from GD. He definitely knows his stuff about the Subarus. He bought a tranny from me some time ago, Rx 5 speed. Any how, thanks for the info. If I need any more info when it comes to the older subies I will be sure to shoot you a line. Thx again.