Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fuel pump wiring diagram for 79 Brat?

My fiance has a '79 Brat that was left to her, and it's having a fueling issue. That is, it was running fine then sat for several years. I put a new battery in it and nothing. If I hot wire the fuel pump it comes on. All I have been able to find is something stating that the alternator sends signal to the voltage regulator which then tells the pump to kick on. I cannot find an actual wiring diagram. It had a new alternator and regulator just before storage; it has another new regulator and the alternator was tested as being good. Tested twice, actually. Nobody can tell me if there is a relay or something, and as I said, I cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere. Does anybody out there have one? Or have any ideas? It would be most appreciated as she is most vocal about this being running ASAP. I should also note that I have power at the fuse.

Thank you!

There is no relay.(other than the one internal to the reg.)

Pump and choke are powered off the "H" terminal of the voltage regulator w/alt. spinning.

If you have power at the choke,you should have it at the pump.

Reg." A" terminal should be always powered.

F terminal should be powered w/ignition on.

E should be grounded

The original electromechanical regulators are subject to corrosion of the contact points and sticking armatures.

Current replacements are fully electronic.

Thank you for the assist; the regulator is new so it is fully electronic. I will go through and check all the grounds I can find, I didn't see any letters for the terminals on the plug of the regulator though but I will break out the test light yet once more! At least now I have somewhere to start, and I know what to look for!

• 4 weeks later...