Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Replacing the injectors in my 1995 Legacy wagon, 2.2 EJ22. The replacement injectors I received have the same serial number (A46-00) as the existing injectors, but have a different filter setup. They are allegedly compatible with my engine, but further investigation suggests that my existing injectors are a "short filter" vs the new ones that appear to be "long filter" (?) The filter screen on the replacements does not seem like it will align with the fuel rail, though multiple sales outlets indicate these to be appropriate replacements. Will these injectors really fit my vehicle, or have I been sold incompatible injectors? Having trouble finding information.

ieI1gzSFp_Fdl-uaVLOgZesZqXS_tDBZAE4o7znzD-iQ5zQfg_OfpUpJ5OUdvn84CxBY89p5rUW1xzwo-JT0uQeTUHo-UiZ73Bs2nL0MFHZbO7uIEXPXm9VsxfCrNvpLLIWbOCIBRmNzTtImC1op7l8iaF3bCWoHK0NwhDIsD1rqMe2TtjZtsexVWaZAdZ-BQtmHyJ-rCmsgVO7YEgAbspbTsOK9SG.jpg

The real questions is why are you replacing the injectors? These almost never fail - as close to never as is possible while still having happened..... once. 

Just get some used ones if you really need injectors - but I am HIGHLY skeptical that you need injectors. Clean them and put them back in. Your problem lies elsewhere.

GD

These are refurbished injectors. I had one fail outright a few months back, and have had a few subsequent CELs on another cylinder. I just figured I'd replace the 23-year-old injectors with relatively inexpensive refurbished ones. I just want to know why the same "model" injector would have a distinctly different filter setup and if they're interchangeable with the injectors I'm intending to replace.