Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Frankenmotor swap

Blew a head gasket in my 1992 loyale and I'm gonna pull the trigger on a frankenmotor swap.  

I'm going to be buying the motors from a friend, I'm getting an ej25d I believe (came out of a 1998 legacy gt) shortblock with an ej22 longblock from a 1997 impreza base model.  Would this have phase 1 or phase 2 heads?  What do I need to know about putting these two together?  Which intake and accessories to use, what part number for head gasket?  I will get the wiring harness for the ej22 and still have everything from the loyale.  I know there are a couple people here in Washington who can do the wiring harness for me (namely sjr), so I'm not worried about that.  I'm willing to pay someone who knows what they are doing for that.  I'm keeping the 5spd from my loyale or swapping in the d/r if I find one, so I'll be buying the adaptor plate from sjr as well.  

Just looking for any information on the swap.  I've done some reading on it, but want to know the specifics for the two engines I'm getting.