Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Steering Play Headache

Hello. So I've been pulling my hair out looking for the reason why my BRAT's steering moves up and down by an inch or so. Make a long story short, I've been nickel and dimed out on this issue. In the end I discovered the previous owner replaced the ignition lock. This person must've chucked the old part out to include the rear SPRING, NEEDLE, RACE and STOP RING!!! (parts no. 8, 9, 10 & 11). Buying a new ignition lock did not come with the internals and is not supplied surprisingly. Went to my local junk yard only to be told "...you just gotta buy the steering column  and take it apart at home to get to those parts needed." Paid the $60 bucks only to find out the steering I bought out of an 85 GL had its ignition lock replaced with the same issue of missing the internals. Does anyone know where I can buy these parts?

Steering column.png

Your junkyard has a bunch of pricks working there. You need the key to remove the cylinder on these? 

Dudes here are cool cause i have going for years. They know the sound of my swapped gl  (loudish) and my moped! Lol but if i buy something that requires a wheelbarrow like a diff, cylinder head, or wheels they let me load up on little nonsense parts.

If you don't need the key man i got you on those parts. A steering column here is $90 haha!

Edited by sparkyboy