Ultimate Subaru Message Board

DR loyale nutral bypass

RMS

all right I just completed a 5spd dual range swap in my 90 loyale. drove the car around for a couple days and all was good. then the check engine lite came on.....code 51 neutral safety sw. so im sitting in the Datsaru reading the book it gets chilly I warm the car up then start counting the flashes..... car gets cold.... go to start.... wont turn over. pull the ns sw off the push button trans plug it in to the harness (no provision on trans). key on,. push ns sw, clutch in and she starts.....

do I mount a momentary sw on the dash connected to the ns feed and hit it every now and then or do I jump the pins and leave it connected ?

well I ran the car 100km today and a momentary sw is not the way to go. 5-10min @ 80k+ and the light comes on.  I stopped a few times cleared and tried to keep the light out but no joy.

as im concerned about jumping I will stick in a toggle sw just in case the comp wants an open signal at any point.