Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help with Wiring on an 82 Brat DL

So I need some help with wiring on my 82 Brat DL, I put a battery In and turned the key to right before starting it. I have no lights coming on, horn doesn’t work, nothing like that. I’m wondering if maybe something major isn’t connecting and that’s why the whole car isn’t getting power. https://imgur.com/gallery/GAyEGEO

If the part-underhood picture depicts your car, then you do not have the three fusible links to start with. That is the box that the auxiliary battery positive cable is connected to. There are three fusible links (short jumpers) that connect to the terminals. This is just a start as stated.

Edited by aba4430

Yeah, that pic of battery, just above terminal in photo is a black plastic rectangular box with six male blade terminals...this is where the fusible links belong

A fabric coated wire fuse in red colour code and green coloured fabric , need three from left to right for full functioning electrics

More modern plastic FFLs can be used in place.

Just looked at my EA81 1989 though likely same as your year, red fabric for middle, green either side in fabrics.

I can add a photo of modern FFLs which come in various ratings,colours and leg length

15927025270461352045188.jpg

Edited by Step-a-toe

I have notes from years ago

Green fabric in Subies are 28A

Red fabric in Subies are 38A

So chose FFL in light blue colour (20A from memory to replace green fabric 28A but some may choose to use pink FFL 30A 

I think Green FFL are 40A so very close to 38A of red fabrics

So fuse link box could look pink, green pink for those daring to go over by 2A each

Or blue pink blue for scaredy cats like me :)

FFL term should find correct leg length fusible link in plastic. Have just measured legs to have ~15 mm inseem

Edited by Step-a-toe