Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 oil pump seekers- vapourise??

What happens to those that appear here and FB saying they need an oil pump for EA81?

Do they give up and bury their EA81 ?

EJ convert club?

I found a few more in my hoard down here in Australia.

Wondering what they are worth used and what it costs to send a one kilo package to the US

pick a price that's worth your time and list it here, or on ebay.  if no one wants it at that price then you won't be wasting time. 

Also, I keep an eye out for people i know/respect/long time members - and give them a good deal if i see them asking.  I sent a box of hard to find old gen parts to a board member free this summer. otherwise i expect a price that reflect availability and my time which at this point isn't very available. 

EA81 pumps do seem to have an exceptional demand considering it's often for Brats. That is a distinctive part and vehicle. In general, many are looking for 20 year ago pocket change prices for stuff that's hard to find. I think it's more often "hard to find cheap", rather than "hard to find".  I've got frequently asked for parts, i just don't believe they're hard enough to find to make it worth my time to "sell" them in the conventional sense.  You have to deal with international shipping - put a price tag on them and see what happens. 

I think you put your finger on it, Ido

Many are and have to be budget conscious, others find thrifty a challenge.

I used to send stuff about the country from time to time to others I got to know even paying the postage just to streamline it.

It has never happened in the reverse though mind you Elf_reddo has offered his skills more than once in the true old fashioned club spirit.

To the US postage is a killer on our standard postal system but I am gonna try a dummy quote on a one kilo package via freighter I use , and actually have used to send a 14*14*30" toolbox 72 kg to North Dakota three years ago A$440.

Just heaps of detailed photos, maybe feeler gauge check....