Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So a little while ago I started hearing a click noise every 5 or so seconds, headlights dim, car felt down on power, and my windows would go down. After doing some investigating I found that it was my power window relay under the driver's seat, ordered a new one(my cars a 93 legacy fyi), I got around to installing it today only to find the problem wasn't fixed, all fuses seem to be fine but I'm gonna triple check after I post this. This obviously isn't a big deal for winter on the north east but come summer time and no AC it'll be an issue. Oh and when I just disconnect the relay altogether the clicking and headlight dim stops. Thanks for any help guys.

I would suspect the wiring into the drivers door at the hinges inside the rubber tube.

Looking at a 92 wiring diagram they show a Window power Circuit Breaker. That may be what you hear clicking if wires are shorted in that rubber tube.

The Window Relay coil is powered on with the key on IGN and supplies power to the window buttons.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

I would suspect the wiring into the drivers door at the hinges inside the rubber tube.

Looking at a 92 wiring diagram they show a Window power Circuit Breaker. That may be what you hear clicking if wires are shorted in that rubber tube.

The Window Relay coil is powered on with the key on IGN and supplies power to the window buttons.

Well the clicking was the relay, it was right under the seat but I'll go look and see if I can get that rubber tube off and see if any of the wires are shorted