Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help Reconnecting Vaccum Lines to Weber

Hey everyone,

Recently, I started swapping the old 1 BBL Carter-Weber carburetor that was on my 1982 Subaru Brat for the Weber 32/36 DGEV by Redline. I have gotten as far as removing the old carb, swapping the EA81 intake manifold with an EA82 intake manifold, and installing the adapter plates, but from here I am pretty stuck. Since this has been my first project ever involving a carburetor, it has been a huge learning experience for me, and I definitely have made some mistakes during the process. One of these mistakes was my failure to properly take note of and tag the different vacuum and hose lines that connect to the carburetor/engine/manifold. I am also pretty new on working on cars, so I have a difficult time telling what function each vacuum/hose line serves just by looking at the engine bay. There is a diagram displaying he vacuum line setup. but I am having a hard time matching that with what is in the engine bay. There is a vacuum port on the right side of the manifold, which I'm pretty is for the brake booster, and a port on the backside of the manifold, which I am not sure what it is for. From what I understand, a lot of the vacuum lines used in the stock setup can be deleted due to them being used for emissions. If anyone can offer any help on what to do from here, I would greatly appreciate it. I am just so eager to be able to drive my Brat again!

Thank you all