Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What size bleeder screw for rear drum brakes for 1985 Subaru Brat

I need to replace a bleeder screw on my Brat's rear drum brake. I bought an assortment of bleeder screws and none of them fit. The bleeder screws on the rear drums are smaller than the bleeder screws on the front calipers. Does anyone know the size bleeder screw I need for the rear drum brakes or where I can order them? It seems like it's a specialty part.

Is it 8 mm external hex dimensions?

I doubt you’ll find a new one, I’d be looking for a used one.  

There’s only one or two rear bleeder sizes for all of the 80s.  I have some EA82 rear calipers, they might even be the same.

If they are I’d send you one.  Post a picture abs dimensions if you can mic it. 

Thanks for your help. I found that the bleeder screw had a 7mm thread size (M7). I went to Napa Auto Parts and they had some speed bleeders which were the correct size (thank God).

On a related topic, I've been searching for caliper pistons but can't seem to find any. Some of these parts are just plain hard to find! 

35 minutes ago, kodi412 said:

Thanks for your help. I found that the bleeder screw had a 7mm thread size (M7). I went to Napa Auto Parts and they had some speed bleeders which were the correct size (thank God).

On a related topic, I've been searching for caliper pistons but can't seem to find any. Some of these parts are just plain hard to find! 

That's awesome they had them in stock.  Good fine.  You can get entire calipers, alternators, and axles but not the parts to rebuild them.  Most people just replace calipers rather than repair them.  

Are your pistons salvageable - clean them up and reuse?  

• Like 1