Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need some wiring/fuse box pictures for 91 Loyale SPFI

Working on a no spark issue, and it would be helpful to have some accurate info on the wiring, fuse box, and ECU pinout pictures. Is this available free online anywhere, or will someone please post these if it is OK to do so? Thanks in advance!

44 minutes ago, Ionstorm66 said:

No spark I would check the distributor connector, and make sure the coil bracket has good ground and is tight to the body. The ignition transistor uses the bracket as ground.

Thanks, do you know where that transistor is located? Still want drawings and/or pictures to help me with this.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:46 PM, Caduceus said:

Thanks, do you know where that transistor is located? Still want drawings and/or pictures to help me with this.

Its mounted to the coil bracket. Lot of times people loosen the bracket to remove/replace the coil, and leave it loose while testing. This will prevent the transistor from getting ground and working.

qEErCL3.jpeg

Edited by Ionstorm66

Thank you, I will check this out. To tell you the truth, I don't even remember seeing this transistor! The engine now starts. It had a blown fuse for the horn and flashers, as well as 2 or 3 others, and a large connector had been disconnected. This car had been recovered by the police, having been stolen and missing for a while, and was not in a running condition when it was recovered.