Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Short Head Bolts for EA82 (92’ Subaru Loyale Wagon 4WD)

I’m in the process of rebuilding my EA82, I tore it apart after having a blown head gasket and decided to replace all gaskets and everything that looked like it’d give me trouble later down the road. I just started rebuilding the left side of the engine standing in front of it. I put the head gaskets on after having the block cleaned and these resurfaced, and cleaned all the head bolts to reuse them. Started putting the bolts back in to discover I have somehow only 4 short bolts, but there are 6 spots for the short bolts. It took me a second to figure this out as I thought the treads were bad, tapping them over and over again only to realize I’m not getting stuck but bottoming out in the hole. The long bolts don’t sit flush in the more shallow hole. I don’t understand how I have too many long bolts but I was wondering if there’s anywhere I can buy just the short bolts? If I need to I’ll buy a whole set but I know for a fact I only used the short bolts on the other side in the 3 middle holes. I’ve searched everywhere for head bolts for the EA82 but to no avail. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time, have a great night!