Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1978 Brat

Are you aware of the somewhat recent sale of the 2500 mile (more or less) 1978 Brat that sold for around $47k ?

If not then I’d bet you’re a bit excited right now. But that Brat and the circumstances were unique. 

That said it still drove up prices across the board on Brat , 4WD wagon , parts for those , and in the background generally raised values on all things 1970’s Subaru and the second Gen Brat. 

Hope I didn’t just tell you what you already know. 

Bring A Trailer is the top selling site for all things with wheels that are unique. My opinion. It seems to be more for people who don’t waste time as well. Commit and pay and pickup. Videos sure help. If it’s solid then show that in the places the buyer is most concerned. You know the deal. 

Folks in the group are mostly very thrifty and wouldn’t give you the price it deserves. Myself included in that group. 

Ok you read this far now you deserve my guesstimate. No picture and no write up. What can I really say ? So maybe $12-18k 

Hopefully more. I’ve said it before, put it in the right markets and maybe some Princess tells her deep pockets hubby she just has to have it. 

The bidding on the 47k Brat came down to two guys who had deep pockets and wanted it super bad. 

That Brat sits in the showroom - up on a loft you can’t get to - in Branford CT up the road from me. Premier Subaru. He or they have a sweet museum like collection. 

Enjoy the sale !