Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sigh.. 2019 Ascent P2751 transmission code

My daughter in law's 2019 Ascent developed a problem on the way to work.  She described a feeling like she ran over something (loud clunk) and then the car lost power.  She pulled over, and when she shut off and restarted the car, it wouldn't move.  When my son and I went to get her, it was stopped on a pretty good hill (like 5% I would guess) and that it was stuck in park.  With the engine off, I could feel a definite lock gate on the shifter, but when the engine was started, the gear selector would now move about half way to reverse but never get there.  To me, it felt like an old school automatic jammed on the parking pawl, but I didn't want to force it.  My son called for AAA.

The AAA guy released the shifter through the small access port, so maybe it was jammed on the parking pawl?  Do CVTs have this?  The car was towed back to my son's house where I'll get another look at it tomorrow.

Anyway, I retrieved a transmission code P2751 which describes no communication to a sensor.  Anyone know where to go with this?  Car has about 58K miles on it right now, and AFAIK, was running normally until this morning.

Any insight greatly appreciated.

EDIT: does anyone know if the CVT warranty was extended on the 2019?  They're within the 60K mile warranty but the car went in service in 2018, so they're out time wise.  

John

Edited by JohnCTTT
additional info

For my 2017 Forester, I have received these 2 documents from Subaru Canada:

- Warranty Enhancement Program CVT for 2016-2017 - 10 years or 160,000km

- Warranty Enhancement for CVT Park Range Switch - 8 years (2013-18 various models, no mention of Ascent)

Waiting for SOA to call back, but the jammed shifter is still jammed.  The tow operator got it into neutral by removing the small access cover near the shifter and used a screwdriver according to my son, but the car is now on a flat driveway and the shifter is still jammed.

This doesn't sound like a sensor issue to me.  I'm going to disconnect the battery for S&Gs and see if the shifter releases, but I think something catastrophic happened inside the transmission.

I'll update when I get more info.

John